Treasure Coast Junior Lifeguards Mission
Water safety awareness is paramount to all who enjoy spending time on the water. Starting with our youth, this training and education platform teaches kids how to identify hazards and to make risk assessments in the marine environment. The Treasure Coast Junior Lifeguard summer camps work toward creating a foundation to fulfill the need for water safety in the community. The motto is “more prevention means fewer rescues.” The knowledge gained in these programs minimizes the risk and maximizes the enjoyment of swimming, bodysurfing, bodyboarding, surfing. Join us this summer to be involved with the shared values of the Junior Lifeguards and contribute to the vision of a safer future community.
(Taken from the USLA website): Junior lifeguard programs are an extremely popular extension of the services provided by lifeguard agencies affiliated with USLA.
With professional lifeguards as instructors, these (mostly summer) programs teach water safety, first aid techniques, build self-confidence and help prepare interested youths for work as lifeguards. Participants learn about beach safety in a fun and challenging atmosphere.
Camp activity Details: (9am-3pm) Mondays through Friday
- Open Water and Beach Environment Safety Awareness.
- Daily Physical Skills: Morning Workout- stretch, run, and open water swim.
- USLA Jr. Lifeguard Fun Competition (junior lifeguards can compete in beach sports locally, regionally, nationally and internationally)
- Oceanography and Environmental Lessons
- Water sports introduction: Open Water Swimming, Bodysurfing, Bodyboarding, Prone Paddling and Surfing
- Jr. lifeguard rash guard
- Full day admission into Sailfish Splash!
- Free Dive the Valentine wreck behind the House of Refuge
- Admission fee to tour the House of Refuge of Martin County, FL
- MFR certification of completion